Our Cambridge Sausage Premix is the easy way to make a traditional and tasty Aussie snag. It's most common use is for making beef/lamb based sausages suitable for breakfast and bbq's, etc.
Method for Cambridge Sausages
8 Kg Meat (Beef with @ 20% Fat Content)
1 Kg Cambridge Sausage Premix
1.6 Kg Iced Water
Makes a 10.6 Kg Finished Block
(Use above ingredients in the same ratio regardless of pack or batch size).
Note: Any other type of meat may be used in desired proportions, including lamb, venison, etc. Just make sure there is @ 20% fat content overall.
1. Mince fresh meat through a coarse mincer plate.
2. Make a slurry of the premix and the water. Mix this slurry thoroughly with the minced meat.
3. Mince again (through a finer plate if desired).
4. Fill into collagen or natural sausage casings in the preferred caliber, and twist-link into sausages.
5. Refrigerate as soon as possible. Allow sausages to 'set' overnight before cooking or freezing.